MuvEnum Address Bar v184.108.40.206 is now available for download.
This release makes the freeware version a little more friendly by not displaying the “Go Pro” text on reboot and defaulting to the “General/Settings” tab when opening the options. We also fixed some issues with grabbing executable arguments as well as added support to executables in keywords being able to use arguments. Enjoy.
- Added support for arguments to be passed to executables defined as keywords; they will either replace %s if you have them (make sure you have a space) or will just add them to the call to load the .exe. Words after keywords will be the arguments.
- Renamed “Settings” tab to “General”.
- Modified default options page to the “General” page for the freeware version unless you clicked to start the pro trial or to activate the software from the taskbar context menu.
- Enabled “Delete All History” button on History tab for freeware users to help avoid confusion caused by some users thinking that the “clear history” option was removed when it was actually just now an image button to the right of the “MuvEnum Address Bar”.
- Removed “Go Pro” text from freeware version default display on bootup and replaced it with the old “http://www.muvenum.com/” link used in pre v5.
- Fixed the following not working correctly on their respective OS’s: “my computer, computer, my network places, network, recycle bin, network connections”.
- Fixed some executables with spaces in their path not loading correctly when they had arguments.
- Fixed history list icon not showing correctly for executables with spaces in their path when they had arguments.
MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth v220.127.116.11 is now available for download.
This version updates some of the artwork sources in preparation forthcoming changes from their respective APIs (the changes are coming 8/15/2009 so please update to this version before then otherwise this source will stop working). It also adds an additional artwork source, JunoDownload to improve the dance music artwork search results. As usual, the full “treat” list can be read below.
- Added support for adding album artwork to AAC, AIFF, AIF, OGG, OGA, and OGV file formats.
- Added Juno Download (dance music) as an album artwork source to help improve the dance music artwork result percentage.
- Added “‘Artist Name’.jpg”, “Coverart.jpg”, and “‘Filename’.jpg” as options for saving the artwork in the album folder.
- Added selected album artwork information button for Amazon album artwork search results to take you to the artwork product details page to meet API requirement. Trial version is limited to showing information for 50 covers.
- Added double-click support for navigating to a checked folder location in the “Choose Folder(s)” window checked folder list.
- Added browse for album artwork button and contextmenu item (Ctrl+B) to make it easier to add artwork from local files (previous methods you can use are drag-n-drop and copy-n-paste).
- Added support for showing image dimensions from artwork file if source doesn’t give it.
- Added “Remove Selected” button to the “Choose Folder(s)” window.
- Updated iTunesLib reference to the latest version of iTunes (18.104.22.168). If artwork is not updating in iTunes, please make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes.
- Updated the folder browser controls on the “Choose Folder(s)” window to the latest versions.
- Modified the “Save artwork in album folder as “Folder.jpg” to be enabled by default on new installations (not upgrades) due to the way Windows Explorer shows the album artwork folder overlay from the folder.jpg file even if an audio file has embedded artwork. The embedded file and folder.jpg combination provide the best compatibility for all operating systems and players.
- Modified Amazon search to use their new API.
- Modified Amazon search to only return 1 page of results (decreases bandwidth usage) with ItemAttributes for future sidebar product reference.
- Modified Amazon search to now have the first search encode the artist and albums instead of removing diacritics for a better chance of results.
- Modified the registered version of the software to allow copying of album artwork displayed in the search results to the clipboard and/or external programs as either an image object or a file location depending on the source.
- Modified some of the wording on the contextmenu for clarity.
- Modified some tooltip placements so that the mouse cursor does not cover the beginning of them.
- Modified animation framerate from default of 60 to 30 to help decrease cpu usage while maintaining quality animations.
- Modified hottracking to be disabled in “Choose Folder(s)” window folder listing.
- Modified “save checkbox” to be collapsed when album artwork saved status is true as it isn’t applicable to the view.
- Modified context menu “search for artwork” to be enabled when album artwork has been saved (useful if you want decide you want to change it after saving).
- Modified license creation so one registration works for all users on the computer. If currently activated, a registered user will need to run the software once and it will push out the license to all users on the computer.
- Modified installer to install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 silently (without separate installer prompts) after asking the user if they would like to install it, since it is required.
- Fixed album artwork source searches causing an extremely long pause of the searching process when the artwork source is unavailable.
- Fixed licensing expiring the trial prematurely if a system date change greater than a few hours is detected (we only care about the number of albums saved, not the days of usage).
- Fixed transparency of open file location submenu items (submenu item still goes transparent on mouseover).
- Fixed Discogs artwork source trying to hit the source unnecessarily when the max number of requests have been made for the day.
As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions.
For the latest version of MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth, please visit our downloads section.
-The MuvEnum Development Team
MuvEnum Address Bar v22.214.171.124 is now available for download.
This new version fixes some regression issues we missed in v126.96.36.199 while adding some extra features. Some of the more notable features include the option to make “Ctrl+Shift+Enter” load commands using administrator privileges (similar to the Windows Vista Start Menu) in addition to a live preview of themes inside the options themes tab. We added proxy authentication settings for activation and favicon purposes for those of you behind non-automatic setting proxies.
We also created a unified “Not Found Prompt” to be a single prompt for searching terms or loading terms as a website (http:// appended to the front). The previous method of having to choose one or the other in the options was annoying as it wasn’t a “one shoe fits all” feature. Those options still exist but if you have the prompt shown it now sets the default action to the choice selected in the options; the enter key will fire the default option. You can also use the shortcut keys to fire the buttons: “S” for search, “W” for load as website, and “C” for cancel. It might take a little getting used to at first but after a few uses you can definitely see the benefit it provides. We hope you enjoy this release.
- Added option to enable “Ctrl+Shift+Enter” to run programs using administrator privileges.
- Added address bar selected theme preview inside the options form theme tab to make it easier to notice the theme changes and for those who have their taskbar autohide.
- Added “Delete All History” button to history tab for easy deletion of all history items.
- Added conversion of “x” to “*” for multiplication in mathematical equations when the calculator is available.
- Added more informational tips to option tabs to help users get a grasp of certain features without having to reference the manual (calculator, themes, keywords, etc.).
- Added option on help tab to enable logging for support purposes.
- Added a timespan check of 125ms between hitting the enter key to load stop double loading of commands based on user feedback from some keyboards firing of keyup events multiple times within 125ms of the initial keypress.
- Added digitally signed copies of the RegisterExtension executables to satisfy the requirement of some protection software to be cautious of non-signed files and possibly causing the taskbar toolbar to not install properly.
- Added proxy server settings for favicon retreival and activation purposes.
- Added missing “Visit MuvEnum Website” link click event.
- Modified the “Not Found Prompt” to now be a single prompt for searching terms or loading terms as a website (http:// appended to the front). But the uncertainty of which one you’ll need at which point in time was a pain in the butt. The shoe has now been removed.
- Modified method for loading keywords with multiple addresses on systems using IE as their default browser.
- Modified some logging to only log if it is enabled in the software to help improve performance.
- Modified Tab key to not cycle through each cell of the keywords datagridview (you can still use arrow keys).
- Removed code that set the FirstRun to true on each new version upgrade to prevent trial prompt showing each time you upgraded to a new version of MAB.
- Fixed possible start menu “one second freeze” after typing a url that has a favicon that hasn’t already been downloaded.
- Fixed finding default browser executable failing because of front “//” on subkey on some machines.
- Fixed order of %PATH% files to load in the order of .com, .exe, .bat, .*, when no extension is typed.
- Fixed start pro trial prompt showing when a new version was installed while the trial had already expired.
- Fixed tabindex on settings tab.
- Fixed history list in options history tab not always refreshing after selecting history items and deleting them.
- Fixed IP addresses not loading as websites for but instead causing the “Not Found” prompt to be shown.
- Fixed ftp addresses typed without the ftp:// scheme loading with http:// instead of ftp://.
- Fixed userinfo being stripped from addresses (ftp://username:firstname.lastname@example.org was being stripped to ftp://ftp.site.com); also applies to (mailto:name@domain) addresses.
- Fixed issue with searches not loading or prompting when search terms contained special characters (<,”,=,etc.).
- Fixed ports being stripped from urls http://www.acme.com:8080/ became http://www.acme.com/.
- Fixed commands containg arguments with periods, e.g., “ping 192.168.1.1”, being split into args and filename improperly causing it to show the search prompt instead of loading.
This article describes how to clear the history from each of following browsers:
Navigate to Safety -> Delete Browsing History, check the History box, click Delete.
Back to top
Navigate to Tools -> Delete Browsing History, click the Delete History button, click Close.
Back to top
Navigate to Tools -> Internet Options, click Clear History.
Back to top
Navigate to Tools -> Clear Recent History, change Time range to clear to Everything, click Details, check the Browsing & Download History box only and clear the rest, click Clear Now.
Back to top
Navigate to Tools -> Clear Private Data, check the Browsing History box, click Clear Private Data Now.
Back to top
Navigate to Wrench -> Clear browsing data, check the Clear browsing history box, choose Everything, click Clear Browsing Data.
Back to top
Navigate to Gear -> Reset Safari, check the Clear history box, click Reset.
Back to top
Navigate to History -> Clear History.
Back to top
Navigate to Tools -> Delete Private Data, click/expand Detailed Options, check the Clear history of visited pages box, click Delete.