MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: Leave directory structure + other requests
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:47 pm 

Very clean and easy to setup and use, not as automated and as many options as I would like, but it does the job for the most part.

Biggest feature request I have is ability to input/convert only a selected file type (similar to file encode settings option), like a drop down for such selection as: All, WMA, MP3, etc. (or better yet a multi-selection box or checkboxes to select more than one extension).
This is especially needed for the watch folder option, along with the ability to create the new file in the original file location to keep all attached directory information such as album art, misc files, subdirectories. The feature could be like the option to "use original filename as new filename", but to have new file location at old location without any renaming (still keeping the option to delete or move the original, plus add the option to slightly rename original extension, i.e. “1 - title.original.wma”).
This should not be to hard to implement and very useful; it would be a better general resolution to some of the requests I have seen asking for specialized output directory creation, this stays within the scope of the program and allows you to accommodate most people’s directory structure request since they probably had it setup the way they wanted it to begin with.

Other lower priority requested features…

More customizable separator options with more characters allowed.

A way to return to the main screen, I did not see a way to return to the main program after it’s done, I have to exit and restart.

As another person mentioned on here, a way to tell bit rate and match it for recording (an AUTO setting) would be nice (keeping options for output filetype and CBR or VBR of new recordings), this may be harder to implement but worth it so you are not recording low bit rate files at higher settings and just wasting space, plus people who use VBR can convert their CBR files to save space while using the same max bit rate (If I am thinking about this right).

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Let's see now...

Thanks for the compliments. We're always looking to improve our software and your suggestions have been helpful.

First, you stated:

Quote:
Biggest feature request I have is ability to input/convert only a selected file type (similar to file encode settings option), like a drop down for such selection as: All, WMA, MP3, etc. (or better yet a multi-selection box or checkboxes to select more than one extension).

We have taken this request and applied to the "Watch Folder Mode" in the form of checkboxes for each extension. You can right-cick to uncheck or check all extensions or select them individually.

We did not add this to the regular "Add to Playlist" form. Instead, on that form, we have modified the viewstyle to remember the selected state (can be set to detail view to show extensions) and we have also added a column of "type" to the actual playlist on all forms that show it, that allows you to sort by extension which allows for easy removal of extensions you don't want to convert from.

Second, you said:

Quote:
along with the ability to create the new file in the original file location to keep all attached directory information such as album art, misc files, subdirectories. The feature could be like the option to "use original filename as new filename", but to have new file location at old location without any renaming (still keeping the option to delete or move the original, plus add the option to slightly rename original extension, i.e. “1 - title.original.wma”).

In this case, we have done exactly that, in the idea that you have the option to have the output directory be the same as the original file. If the extension is the same type and you have chosen to "leave files alone" on conversion, it will rename the original to .orig.ext. If they are different filetypes you will get both. If you choose to move or delete the original, you basically replace the original file. This is all taken care of automatically based on what you want it to do with the original file on completion.

Those are two of the major features we have added for this upcoming version.

As far as the other requests:

Quote:
More customizable separator options with more characters allowed.

Could you give us some examples and more detail on what you mean?

Quote:
A way to return to the main screen, I did not see a way to return to the main program after it’s done, I have to exit and restart.

It currently does this for regular mode. Are you referring to using "Watch Folder Mode" and having this option?

Quote:
As another person mentioned on here, a way to tell bit rate and match it for recording (an AUTO setting) would be nice (keeping options for output filetype and CBR or VBR of new recordings), this may be harder to implement but worth it so you are not recording low bit rate files at higher settings and just wasting space, plus people who use VBR can convert their CBR files to save space while using the same max bit rate (If I am thinking about this right).

With this one, we understand what you asking for, but we're not quite sure that the "plus people who use VBR can convert their CBR files to save space while using the same max bit rate" means. Can you give us any more detail on that part.

If we did auto bitrate setting, it would have to have the choice of auto using VBR or auto using CBR for MP3, whereas the other formats would just require auto for CBR. Or would you prefer a combination of VBR and CBR...any thoughts or ideas on specifics for this would be helpful.

Quote:
Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

We're always listening and working to improve MuvAudio2 with helpful suggestions from our users. We appreciate your input.

Finally, you can download a beta version of these new features and the new changes at http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Mu ... 13013616/1

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback