MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: muvextoe suggestion: Tabs restore
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:24 pm 

So, ie *almost* got it right. When you close the browser, it will ask you if you want to close all the tabs and re-open them when ie starts back up.

However, what about those times where the browser crashes, your laptop runs out of power, or you have some sort of forced shutdown (sw install, etc)? In these cases you loose all the tabs you have open. I'd like to be able to set-it-and-forget it. I always want my tabs saved. When ie *starts* it should ask me if I want to open the tabs that were open last. Starting the browser is a 'controlled' situation. Shutting it down is often not!

This seems to be very similar (or a combination of) the other MuvExToE utilities (open last closed tab, ie aliases).

Regards,
David

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:03 am 
Site Admin

We've actually thought about and looked into something similar to this, but haven't had the time to pursue it further.

An idea that comes to mind is that we store every page that is opened in a file, and you set your homepage to a local file, that when ie is opened, it we dynamically generate the local file which shows all the pages that were last open, and allows you to open them individually or all at once.

This would be similar to how Maxthon 2 is doing it.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback