MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Support

Post subject: MuvAudio 2.x VAC's and bit for bit
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:34 am 

One reason I really liked MuvAudio was because it does a one-for-one bit conversion of the files from *.wma to *.mp3 via the virtual audio cables. Other programs simply "listen" to the sound card. But I notice that the VAC installed with MuvA version 1.x was a separate install and it looked different than the VAC's in MuvA 2.x. I also notice when I click on the Audio Repeater it says "Wave In" and "Wave Out".

Question: does all this mean that MuvAudio 2.x no longer supports true Virtual Audio Cables? Please confirm if MA 2.x is truly doing a bit-for-bit transfer through a "Virtual Audio Cable".

Thanks.

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:00 am 
Site Admin

VAC 3.x which was used on MuvAudio v1.x was the same way as the current version is. We automated the installation so that it would be less confusing for users. The Wave In refers to where the audio is coming from and even though the Virtual Cables show up there, they are still in digital form. If you installed VAC 3.x, it had an audio repeater as well in the same way.

I am confirming that MuvAudio v2.x still does bit-for-bit transfer
through "MuvEnum Virtual Cable".

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:41 pm 

Can you please then explain why MuvAudio doesn't advertise this fact on the home page? The way I read the information on the home page it says that MuvAudio "plays" the song and re-records it! I don't hang around the audio forums that much but what I have read there tells me that most people don't really think this product is converting music bit for bit. They think it's a recorder which waits till the song is converted to analog and then converted back to MP3 digital. :cry:

Just exactly what is happening when going from WMA to MP3? I like the product but lately I've grown a little skeptical that I'm truly getting a complete digital transfer.

Shouldn't you advertise this more if it were explicitly true? Thanks for any insight.

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Support