MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Skipping while starting up
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:50 pm 

Hello,

So far I am impressed with muvaudio. But I do have one problem that keeps me from purchasing it. The first few songs muvadio records have skips during the first minutes or so and the later songs do not. I believe this is due to the fact of the other instances of muvaudio starting up and taking away resources. It still happens even if I only have 2 VACs running. Can you make an option that makes recording start only once all the instances of muvaudio are running?

I am running Windows XP SP2, Athlon XP 2700+, and 1GB RAM.

Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:30 pm 

This is odd considering the resources you have. I would do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and check to see what programs are running. You should not have a resource clog with that kind of memory and CPU. Make sure you have disabled any indexing program, spyware/virus scanner (not the software itself-just the possibility it might launch a scan during conversion), or anything else that could gum up the works.

The other possibility is a 'handicapped' XP2 (ie. corruption somewhere, device driver issues, etc.)

One other thing I found as a beta tester is that MuvAudio isn't suitable for external hard drives connected via USB. Nor is it flawless if you have write caching disabled on your hard drive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:37 am 

Everything on my computer is fine that you mentioned. I had already tried disabling the virus scanner, but it did not make a difference. I am not using an external hard disk, and have no indexing program running. While looking at Task Manager, when Muvaudio is starting up its conversion, it uses 98% of the resources for about 3 seconds for each instance that is starting. This is enough to cause skips. After it is done starting up, only 3% of my resources are used. Also, there is half a gig of RAM available to Muvaudio. Any songs after the first songs on the playlist are converted flawlessly, however, the first ones do get skips. So my only work around is to re-convert the first song on each playlist and only having it use one VAC for those three songs.

Oh well. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:10 am 
Site Admin

The 100% cpu usage comes from the creation of a playlist by WMP or the changing of a song. Your computer should be plenty fast to work correctly. May we ask what filetype you are converting your files to? We will see if we can come up with anything as you are the first user to report this issue.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]