MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: The need To See the Titles of the Files
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm 

I know the question is why the need to show titles in MuvUnder when we're searching albums? Well, there are plenty when you take the visual layout of your music catalog seriously.
MuvUnder stacks each files under 1 album according to the album name, which I think is fine but at the same time there should be an option to lay each song titles individually where a user can manually drag & drop covers to the specific files. Ok, I know you still don't understand where I'm going so let's use the image below as reference. In the case of Beyonce's "I am... Sasha Fierce", I have 7 songs of that album in my library however I don't want to have the same cover for all 7 Singles when I actually can find 7 different covers for these files. When I load the album "I Am... Sasha Fierce" I should be able to modify each song's cover not only by their album's name but also according to their titles; that's where the need to list the titles comes into place.
As illustrated below, each songs of the album have a different cover. Not only that helps your library for not being populated by 1 cover for 15 different songs (which have their own covers floating somewhere on the net) but also gives importance again to Singles covers that the artists and labels still release and promote.

Post subject: Re: The need To See the Titles of the Files
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

I'm working on a method for displaying a sidebar that will display all tracks of an album when an album is selected. I'm also looking into the ability to specify the album cover per track if desired. The balance comes in keeping the default interface simple but providing the flexibility to those that need it without interfering with ease of use for non-advanced users. Thanks for the input. I'll definitely take it into consideration while I work on the next update.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:27 pm 

Thanks John, The sidebar is a good idea; possibly one that can be opened and closed as needed.
MuvUnder Cover is to covers what Photoshop is to graphics :-)
Keep up the good work.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:58 am 

I'm having a similar issue as well, im currently trying to accurately embed correct cover art for the top 100 songs of 1946-2006, (I have a LARGE collection.)

I think just an option to toggle search query to pull "Artist name - track name"
from the actual mp3 name would help out in searching for correct cover art for each individual file.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 am 
Site Admin

We'll add this it our todo list to determine the best way to handle this.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth » Suggestions / Feedback