MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Miscellaneous [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Silly question about wav or mp3 encoding
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:21 pm 

Hey there. I have a (most likely) silly question about encoding.

Up until now, I've always purchased retail CDs of artists I liked and compiled personalized CDs with just the songs I like from all the various original CDs, usually by extracting to Wav file with 'Exact Audio Copy', then arranging each CD with the artists and songs I wanted, then burned them as CD audio.

This process was never meant to be any type of space saver, so much as it was a way to get rid of all the crap I didn't want to wade through on the retail Cds to get to the songs I liked, while preserving the original quality as best as I could.

That being said, I recently purchased MuvAudio so I could make a go at compressing my audio Cds down to where it would no longer require quite as much CD changing in the car by converting my Wav files to mp3s instead on cd audio.

Now, the thing is, everything worked great, my car system plays said mp3 CDs just fine and, for the most part they sound great (I encode to 256 KB bitrate) however, there is one thing I've noticed...and this is most likely an issue with mp3s in general rather than an issue with MuvAudio itself ...that being that there seems to be a slight loss (to ME anyway) in the stereophonic spaciousness of the sound...or channel seperation...I'm not quite sure of the proper terminology there.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know of any software/tools available that allows one to edit/encode either wav or mp3 files to increase channel seperation or something like that? Sorry if I'm not making myself clear there.

Thanks

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not familiar with any software that would do this to the mp3 file itself. On the PC you could use an equalizer in the program that is playing them, but you may not have an equalizer on your CD player.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Miscellaneous [Archived]