MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Something that appears to make a difference
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:02 pm 

I have been experiencing the same lockups since purchasing the program on 2 very different machines. One an ASUS based P4 at 3.2GHz and Matrox graphics and the other a Panasonic P4M Centrino laptop with ATI graphics.

After reading this thread I decided to try some different settings in VAC. I thought the default setting of 5ms for interupt rate was a little small, expecially after reading the help file. Changed it to 10 ms and deleted extra VAC loops. Now runs 2 on the laptop and 3 on the ASUS. Been running for several hours on both machines WO lockup. Can't claim a victory but it is definatly better or different so thought I would chime in and relate the information in hopes it might help uncover the root problem.

The other thing I notice watching Task Manager is that on the ASUS machine running a HyperThreaded CPU, Muvaudio never seems to use more than 50% of available CPU where as the laptop routinely gets to 80% or more.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:26 pm 

Just tried what jcthorne did, and I'm not experiencing any improvements. Maybe the cause is a little different for everyone. Of course, that will make it a lot of fun to troubleshoot. Yeesh.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:57 pm 

I have watched the Vacs freeze a couple times and notice it is right at the point of the last second of the song. Never in the middle of a song. When there are license issues I am able to hit the stop button select the next song in the list and then resume. I have also noticed which songs it froze on a couple times and started a new playlist with out those songs and it finished without a freeze.

If it is a corrupt file causing the problem could muvaudio programers not add something in the program that checks to see if Windows Media Player is responding and if not close WMP, skip the file it was on and restart WMP on the next song in the playlist?

By the way I have been getting songs from Rhpsdy, maybe some of the files from them are corrupted more than other vendors. I get failed download indications from their software quite a bit and have to retry.

Last edited by chrisrobin on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:15 pm 

Does the debug version tell you what file name it froze on? If so it would be easier to remove corrupt files from the playlist. Maybe this could be added as a regular feature.

As it is you have to be watching the VAC as it actually freezes to be able to see the song title. After it freezes you can't open the window to see what song it froze on.

The way I have been catching them is to see which recording is going to finish first and watch that one till it finishes. Then check the others for the next one that will finish and repeat.

Maybe put the current file name each VAC is working on up in the console window. So it will be visible after the freeze. Or allow multiple record windows to be open simultaneously.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

We can check into something like this (where it detects a frozen MuvAudio session and restarts it). This may or may not be possible; we'll see what we can do.

For your question about the file it is on. There are VAC log files in your log directory that have this information. They contain the last 2 songs recorded, the current song, and the next 2 songs to record. Each # applies to the vac session of the files.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:39 pm 

OK...status update for the group. I have about 20 hours of music. I did a clean reboot then ran the following sessions. I ran a session with 4 VAC's and the debug version of the .exe. Never did crash. Then I deleted all the files and tried it again with the same files. Never did crash. Then I went back to the original .exe (not the debug version). Deleted all the files then tried it again with the same files. After one hour the machine locks up (but no BSOD). Sooo...I go back to the debug version of the .exe and delete the partially converted files. Try again with the same songs. This time? vackmd.sys BSOD. I sent renzska the debug log files but the only problem is that two of them were corrupted and didn't show any info in Internet Exploder.

Now what renzska? Do you still have my system report I sent a while back? Can you match that up with the debug files?

The problem is extremely transient. All these sessions were run right after a clean reboot. Twice the debug version of the .exe ran with no errors. Once the original .exe crashed and once the debug version crashed. All this was on the same set of songs.

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:32 am 

I see in another thread that there is a pending version 1.2 that fixes Licensing issues et. el.. Are these changes/improvements a result of what has been learned through the debug.exe we downloaded and ran?

Is it expected that v1.2 will fix the vackmd.sys BSODs and other hangups?

Picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:17 pm 

The poll is not the best: It needs an option "frozen white VAC" bug is very common, and makes Muvaudio difficult to use"

I sure hope V 1.2 gets rid of the "frozen white VAC" bug. It keeps the software from living up to its promise.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

The problem with the poll is that those that are reading this topic are usually the ones that are having the problems and those that don't have the problem, are not reading it :)

v1.2 is almost getting ready for the beta testers to start testing. We may also let users that have been experiencing this issue try the beta as well so that we can further pinpoint the issues if they still occur.

Can you please explain what you mean by the term "frozen white VAC'? We understand the frozen and the VAC part, but where does the "white" come from?

Thanks,

Post subject: Beta
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:48 am 

Please please why not make the Beta available now? Version 1.1 is barely working at all. I'd love to see if the new one provides relief to the constant crashing. I have honestly never run a computer program that crashes more than Muvaudio. This is the first time I have to keep the process tab of Task Manager open much of the time in order to kill the frozen processes.

I've seen other vendors make beta's available early.

As for the "white vacs", if you happen to have VAC windows open when they crash, they turn all white.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Have you run the debug version and sent in your reports? A lot of the time, if you are getting white vacs, it is because the fiel is corrupt which causes WMP freeze which in turn causes MuvAudio to freeze. Look at your VAC#log.txt files to see which file was played last, current trying to be played, and soon to be played. This can help you pinpoint the file that may be causing the issue.

The reason a beta isn't released now is because it isn't ready. There are certain stages you have to be at to release a beta product, even if it is beta. If we were to release it now, it wouldn't work for anyone as we are in the middle of come alterations that cause it to be unusable...such is the nature of programming.

Try v1.0 if v1.1 is giving you problems. Doing this to see if it causes the same issues as v1.1 will help us in pinpointing the problem.

Have you tried the other recommendations on the forum to see if they help with your issue, i.e., reinstalling WMP, etc.?

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:30 am 

Thanks for the reply:

"Have you run the debug version"

Please point me again to the message that tells how to do this.

"A lot of the time, if you are getting white vacs, it is because the fiel is corrupt which causes WMP freeze which in turn causes MuvAudio to freeze. "

Do you mean a corrupt WMA file? This is definitely not the case: the VACs freeze on a different WMA file again, and if it freezes on a WMA in one session, it will likely run it a minute later once ( go through the tedious process of killing all 4 MuvAudio programs in Task Manager and rebuilding my play list.

"Look at your VAC#log.txt files to see which file was played last, current trying to be played, and soon to be played. This can help you pinpoint the file that may be causing the issue. "

Appears to be different every time.

"The reason a beta isn't released now is because it isn't ready."

I understand now. I was previously under the (apparentlly false) impression that some DID have this beta.

As for using 1.0 instead, where do I find this, and what problems does it introduce: i.e. what does it not do or not do as well as 1.1?

I also tried reinstalling WMP. Not sure if this even happened: it lacks an uninstall.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:40 pm 

Google is your friend:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/MuvAudio_20661_p/free.htm

But considering the update/fix list for 1.1, I'm not going to run it yet. Besides, I don't know if it'll run with VAC 3.10 or if it needs an older variant.

Well, I just finished reinstalling XP Pro last night (as a free tip, NEVER use Microsoft OneCare. Thanx for the system problems, MS!) and installed the latest patches and drivers for all my stuff, ran jv16powertools to clean up my registry. I'm running a P4 2.8c with HT on a 865PE Neo2 mobo with a matched pair of Corsair 512meg XMS sticks, a 6800gt, a 200gig WD sata HD and a Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic and I'm still seeing Muvaudio suggest 4 VAC's when I fire it up. :evil: WTH does Muvaudio need to see in order to suggest 5 VAC's?? Well, I'll do some encoding and report back.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:28 pm 

In a nutshell, what does version 1.1 have that version 1.0 does not that will really matter?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:00 am 

Well, I think I figured something out. I started out just with one album at a time with no problems. Then I did 2 albums at once without a freeze-something I couldn't do before. Then I ramped it up to 4 albums at once-and still no probs. Then, for the h of it, I threw about 400 songs at it at once and left it overnght. Just logged back on-and it didn't freeze, all the songs finished. Spot checking of songs shows no problems with audio quality, although a couple appear to be tagged wrong. I think my fresh installation, which would have flushed all the crud out of my system, itappears to have done the trick, at least for now. I'll keep encoding and report back.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]