MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Regarding controlling recording speed
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:44 pm 

I noted that your forum had a response to a question regarding Muvaudio and why it was recording at 1x. The answer was that Muvaudio only works at the accelerated speed when several files are chosen.

Are there any plans to speed this up in the future? For instance. I have several audio books that run in the vicinity of 10 to 12 hours each saved in single .wma files. Needless to say, they are really big files and Muvaudio's sleepy rate of 1x will force me to run my PC through the night to copy them.

Should I try copying several of them at the same time, since you stated that the speed increases when several files are being recorded simultaneously?

Or will Muvaudio still go snail slow on these really big files, which are not uncommonly run into when copying audio books?

What attracted me to your software was the ability to outpace the speed of your competitor's software, which copies at 4x, and which I use. But more importantly, Muvaudio's ability to split the files into whatever time size that is chosen. A really great feature, which enables a user to edit them afterward in the smaller size that results.

But I think speeding up Muvaudio on single files would be very helpful.

Any suggestions on any of this?

Should I try several big files at the same time?

Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

At this time, we are looking into the possibility of increasing the single item recording speed.

I would recommend to record multiple long audio files at the same time to help decrease the overall time it takes to record all of them.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject: why don't you put in one extra file to speed up the conv
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:50 pm 

Bri: why don't you just add a small floater file to the list in order to key in the 8X speed ofr faster for conversion. I will be trying this myself with a conversion tonight. I goofed the first time and set in only one file (19hrs) and in addition to that I oly put in 360 second splits (not 3600 seconds). I ended up with a long conversion and tons of files. ... Ah well live and learn.
Good luck. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]