MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support

Post subject: Speaker Output
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:00 am 

Hi there,

first: nice work with version 3. Looks better and feels faster than before.

But I really have a big problem now. When ever MuvAudio 3 starts to work I hear everything it does. It outputs directly to my speakers. And to listen to 9 songs playing at the same time, which are also played in fast forward isn't that great experience. ;) I never had such a issue on Version 2 (but some small others, like not automatically change the default output device back from digital output to speaker).

I use a Realtek HD Audio on-board chip with windows vista (64 bit). I uninstalled version 2 before installing version 3 of muvaudio. I have not changed anything an my audio configuration since switched from version 2 to 3, neither driver updates, nor setting. And now my ears are bleeding... ;)

Hope you have some tips for me :)

Post subject: Re: Speaker Output
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 am 
Site Admin

I have a couple of questions:

Do the converted files have any audio or are they silent?

Can you copy and paste the information from the System Info section of the Options -> Troubleshooting tab?

Are you using the auto conversion speed or do you have a certain speed set?

On the Options -> Troubleshooting tab can you check the box to enable logging for support purposes and then run through the conversion process, then can you can go to the log folder (click the folder button), select all the folders and then right-click and choose Send To -> compressed (zipped) folder and then .zip file that it creates to support [at] muvenum.com. I need these files to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:32 am 
Site Admin

I think I may have found an issue with the installer. Please re-download MuvAudio from http://www.muvenum.com/downloads/muvaudio/, uninstall the current version and then install the newly downloaded version, and try your conversions again.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks,

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:37 pm 

No, didn't help :(

The answers:

1. The generated audio files are silent :(

Quote:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, Count: 2
Memory: 4093 MB OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 x64

3. Auto-Speed... not changed any of these settings until now

4. The debug file is on the way ;)

And by the way... after starting muvaudio 3 once a windows session, I can't access my systems audio device manager anymore (neither to control panel nor to systray icon) until I reboot the system.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the debug files and the screenshots (also, sorry about the typo on that word in the original email, gotta love typing on a smartphone). With the information you sent me I was able to resolve the issue, with my tests using the German language pack on Windows 7 (should apply to Vista as well).

Please re-download MuvAudio from http://www.muvenum.com/downloads/muvaudio/ one more time making sure the "date modified" is 10/19/2009, uninstall the current version and then install the newly downloaded version, and try your conversions again.

This should also fix the not being able to re-open the audio devices control panel as well as it removes the "Primary Sound" from the choices for soundcards as it can cause issues and doesn't make sense for the application.

Thanks again,

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:28 am 

The good news: convert files now works fine now. Thank you.

Unfortunately the problem with reopen the system audio devices control persists. And also - new (or better: new to version 3 since version 2, where I had this problem also): after converting files I have to manually change back from digital output to speaker to have my sound back (which isn't such a easy task as it would be if the system audio devices control would work without a reboot ;) ). But overall: thanks. Fine the converting stuff now works :)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:35 am 
Site Admin

NewRaven2,

This may have been a leftover setting causing the issue from the previous version. If you didn't open the options and verified your soundcard was set (not to Primary Sound) then it most likely used that to reset your soundcard and that is what caused the issue you mentioned.

Please verify your soundcard and try again and let me know from a fresh reboot, if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:03 am 

Sorry for the late answer. Indeed your tip with reseting the soundcard did the trick. And while now running Windows 7, I haven't tried muv3audio yet, but I think it will work fine also. If there will be any language related problems, I'll let you know for sure ;)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Glad to hear that did the trick.

Thanks for all your help in getting these issues resolved.

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support