MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support

Post subject: Application Error
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:45 pm 

Installation reported no errors. Selected primary sound card during setup. After reboot, upon first execution of the program an error message appeared:

Code:
MuvAudio.WPF.exe - Application Error
Process ID=0eF4 (3668), Threw ID=0x588 (1416)

Click OK to terminate the Application.
Click CANCEL to debug the Application.

Clicking OK terminates the application, clicking CANCEL causes an error message to appear that states that no JIT debugger was found.

HELP!

The program in its present form is unfit for use. :(

--David Hudder

Post subject: Re: Application Error
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

You are the first one to report this issue.

I'd recommend checking step #5, specifically, and then #1-#4 if #5 does not resolve the issue for you, on this faq entry:

http://www.muvenum.com/faqs/entry/40/

Please let me know if you still have issues and I'll provide more advanced troubleshooting steps once I'm sure that the issue is something else than the above faq entry issue.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:25 pm 

Hi John,

Still no joy :( .

Went through all steps as advised. Latest directX installed some updates. Performed repair of .Net 3.5 SP1. OS is XPSP3 32-bit with HT. Uninstalled MuvAudio3 and re-installed MuvAudio3. I was not queried aout .Net during install proess.

F.Y.I.: After each change to the system I performed a restart.

The following conditions may be unique to this system:
1) MuvAudio2 worked flawlessly on this system previously.
2) I uninstalled MuvAudio2 first and restarted prior to installing MuvAudio3.
3) I have deliberately not upgraded WMP on the system where I use MuvAudio2. WMP is kept at version 11.0.5721.5268.
4) MS Visual Studio 2005 commercial release has been installed on this system since it was released.

Where do I go from here? I have a "virgin" system I can try to install to. I have a release version of Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite I could install to allow trace back to the failing .net CLR code.

I will be willing to put in whatever effort is necessary to get the latest version of MuvAudio working. After buying 6 different similar programs over the years and finding MuvAudio to be the best-of-breed, I really want to see this program continue its excellence.

--David

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:52 pm 

F.Y.I.: By wiping the hard drive of an old system and doing a clean install of Winows XPSP3, MuvAudio3 installed and worked flawlessly. This doesn't help me solve the problem of getting MuvAudio3 to install on the system where I previously had MuvAudio2 installed and working, but I bet the fact that I have Viisual Studio 2005 installed on this system has something to do with the problem.

I hope you have some ideas of where to concentrate my efforts, otherwise I may have many days of debugging ahead of me :roll: .

--David

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

You may want to try uninstalling all versions of .NET 3.5 SP1, .NET 3.5, .NET 3.0, and .NET 2.0, and then doing a clean install of .NET 3.5 SP1 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en and then installing the following update after a computer restart; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=136730

VS2005 should not cause any issues.

Everything you mentioned points to an issue with your .NET Framework. Let me know your results.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 pm 

:cry: I'm exhausted and I agree that M$ .Net is the culprit. I was unable to get .Net to uninstall (3.5, 3.0 and 2.0). Only .Net 3.5SP3 allowed me to perform a Repair operation (which did not change the Application Error result).

Trying to reinstall .Net 3.0SP2 failed with the very unhelpful result message of simply: "
error ", reinstall of .Net 2.0SP2 failed with the same result.

It would take me over 100 hours to wipe clean my intended target system and reinstall XPSP3 and all of the applications I need.

Do you know of a utility which will wipe clean all .Net components to permit me to install all of the needed .Net components in the correct order? Without such a development tool, I think destruction of all of the contents of my computer system will be my only viable option, of which the time and effort would be prohibitive.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:38 am 

:D Some one has put in the effort to create a one-click utility that completely removes every last bit of all .Net versions and hotfixes including folders, files and registry entries. Its called: .NET Framework Cleanup Tool.

Read about it here: .NET Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide. There seems to be some disagreement about whether or not all previous .Net versions must be reinstalled in numerical order. What worked for me was to install the full redistributable of .Net 3.5 SP1 followed by the compatibility hotfix named "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows XP x86, and Windows Server 2003 x86". Then, let Windows Update install the latest versions of everything else needed by the applications and services to get your system working again.

WARNING: This is NOT an M$ supported application, so your mileage may vary (meaning, you may end up with a permanent BSOD :shock: ).

MuvAudio3 and MuvUnder Cover then installed and worked fine :lol: on my previously .Net corrupted system.

Hope this information helps somone else stuck with a problem that has "never been seen before".

--David

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for your awesome detective work. I'll get this added to the FAQ for other users who are having this issue to find more easily. Glad you got it working.

Thanks again,

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support