MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Help! MuvAudio doesn't work!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 7
MuvAudio Version: 1.0 Latest

Maximum Recording Speed: 4 (default by muvaudio)

Windows Version: XP Professional, SP2

.NET Framework Installed?: Yes

Windows Media Player Version: 10

Type of User: Registered User

Description of the problem
Trying to record mp3's from wma songs. it creates the output directory but the mp3 file is nowhere to be found.
steps done:

clicked "create playlist" and selected an wma file
on main menu, selected output file to mp3 192kbps, 44khz stereo VBR none and everything else default.
clicked on "automatic" button.

MuvAudio is doing it's thing, but I noticed the progress is always at 0%.
when it says it's done, the output directory was created but nothing is inside.

Please Help!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 am
Posts: 1108
Are you only trying to record one song? Also, v1.0 has some problems outputting to directories that contain characters that are shift+number characters, such as, !. Can you give us the directory you are outputting to?

If you are recording only 1 file, the percentage complete won't change until the song is finished at which it will go to 100%. (Percentage complete is based on # of songs completed/all songs.)

Try recording a different file to a different directory and let us know if this helps.

v1.1 will fix the issues with certain characters in directory names causing no output files.

Thanks,

_________________
John
MuvEnum

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:30 pm 
renzska, check your admin@muvaudio.com inbox please :)


Top 
  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 7
Thanks for the quick reply.
I've tried recording various audio files of diff. formats to mp3...1 song at a time. Also tried recording 5 songs at a time and it still won't work.
Directories where named w/ alpha characters only and recorded to a different directory w/ no luck either.

Thanks renzska


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 am
Posts: 1108
To Guest, what was the subject of the email that you are referring to and what to what did it pertain?

You are the first to experience this issue. Can you give us an example of one of the directories it created? We need this for reference to help us determine the problem.

Thank you,

_________________
John
MuvEnum

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 7
Renska, would my problem have to do w/ Virtual audio cable settings? I didn't mess around w/ it, but should I? If so, what settings should I use?

As for Muvaudio, it's a great program and all but I just wished it would work! :(

Please help


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 am
Posts: 1108
Can you give us an example of a few of the directories it created? We really need this info to help solve the problem. You shouldn't need to change any Virtual Audio Cable settings as MuvAudio takes care of them automatically.

Thank you,

_________________
John
MuvEnum

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 7
Ok, here's an example:

Author - Title

Sarah Mclachlan - Possession

The directory was named exactly as it appears w/o the file!

I'm using a SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard, with the latest drivers and programs that came with it. Would this matter?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 7
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Thanks for your help Renszka!

I totally forgot that my username has a ! in it (Sheriff!) so the directory output looked like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Sheriff!\Desktop\Sarah Mclachlan - Possession

The whole time I thought it only pertains to the "music directory", not the whole path.

Next time, i'll read more thoroughly :oops:

I'll definitely tell everyone i know about MuvAudio! It's a great product.

sheriff976


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 am
Posts: 1108
Glad to hear that you got it fixed. v1.1 fixes the issue and allows most characters in the directory names. It is almost into beta testing phase and should be ready in a few weeks.

Thanks,

_________________
John
MuvEnum

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron