MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Speed Recording
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:08 pm 
Just Curious. Windows Media Player lets you play songs at increased speed, up to 2X. Can you make an option to record at 2x speed, so it takes half as long to record a song?

Keith

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

This would make it so that the recording would be at the speed it was played. Meaning, that, if you played it twice as fast, it would always sound twice as fast. Is this what you want? Possibly, for recording lecture audio and playing it back at a faster speed? Or are you thinking that it would allow the recording of audio time to be cut in half?

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:43 pm 
i'm thinking of recording it twice as fast, so playback would be normal. Kinda like tape players used to do in the 80's. Cut the record time in half, but song plays normal. If you want 128 kbs recording, you would play the song twice as fast, and record at 256 kbs, so the mp3 would be the same size as if it were normally recorded at 128. then, you would have to change the kbs in the mp3 file to 128 kbs, so it would would take twice as long to paly, i.e. play at the normal speed. Pretty complicated, and i don't know if it could be done, but theoretically could cut the recording time in half.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:24 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
i'm thinking of recording it twice as fast, so playback would be normal. Kinda like tape players used to do in the 80's. Cut the record time in half, but song plays normal. If you want 128 kbs recording, you would play the song twice as fast, and record at 256 kbs, so the mp3 would be the same size as if it were normally recorded at 128. then, you would have to change the kbs in the mp3 file to 128 kbs, so it would would take twice as long to paly, i.e. play at the normal speed. Pretty complicated, and i don't know if it could be done, but theoretically could cut the recording time in half.

I think this an absolute must. Some files I want to record take 16 hours to record!

Too long.

Otherwise, great program. Thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Beware, v1.0 teaser below:

Why settle with twice as fast?

-

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:18 pm 

YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!! :D

scott

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:47 pm 
I think this just may work.

I know that with the voice recorder Windows puts on the computers you can increase speed and decrease speed. Well, if you're recording twice as fast then you are still getting the full song, just at a faster speed. So can't you just decrease the speed of the recorded track to get the full song but you recorded it twice as fast?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, that doesn't work as the sound recorded has the quality degraded which in the end, is unbearable to listen to.

Near the end of June...

Post subject: MuvAudio rules the market!
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:49 pm 
John - I am so happy to found you and your labor of love! MuvAudio is so damned fantastic...I am wetting my pants in anticipation of the v.1.

...ah ''end of June...end of June...."

I hope all good things are coming to you!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]