MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Are There Any Advantages to Using a Dedicated Sound Card?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:24 am 

Hi

My Dell notebook Inspiron 1150 has the SigmaTel integrated audio chip, and my home computer has an Audigy 2 soundcard. Are there any sound quality advantages in using the Audigy over the SigmaTel? Given my situation, which computer would YOU use? I am aware that MuvAudio currently has issues with the Audigy that will be fixed in the next release.

Many thanks,
BinaryGeek

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:29 am 
Site Admin

I would use whichever computer is faster so that you can record at a faster speed. The sound quality should have no difference no matter the soundcard that you use.

Here's a quick little fix for the SB issue:

"Open up the sound and audio device properties.  Change your sound playback default device to something beside your soundcard.  Click Apply and then OK.  Then reopen the sound and audio devices properties and change it back to your soundcard.  Then try opening MuvAudio.

If MuvAudio ever asks you to use the find soundcard feature, follow the same instructions as above as that is basically what it is doing to make sure that the correct registry key is created and set.

Please let us know if this helps you.
"

This has been changed in v1.1 and should fix the issue.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]