MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replace / Organize
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:28 pm 

Aloha,
I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it until now. I'd like to see a feature which replaced the original file (ala Virtuosa), or put songs in folders by artist/album/something.
Just a suggestion, not sure if its possible, but I think it would be a cool feature.
Great work,
John

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hey daboo,

I have considered this option. There are a few pitfalls. I could have there be an option where the files would be removed after the songs have been recorded but there is the problem of misrecordings.

Personally, I convert files and then move them into a directory named "Converted - But Not Burned", so I when I reach about 4.3GB worth of songs that I have converted, I burn the original .wma's to a DVD.

I'll think about it more and see what other ways I can come up with, or if you have any twists on this method that you think would work, let me know.

Aloha,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

In re-reading your post, when you said:

Quote:
or put songs in folders by artist/album/something.

What did you mean exactly? Were you talking about the original file or the converted file? It is possible with the converted file to do this.

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:06 pm 

Ya, I just realized what I wrote.
I can't quite figure out what I was trying to say, so its probably best to ignore that part (I should wake up before trying to type).

In anycase, I am still interested in the convert/replace option (thankfully something I wrote makes sense).
I hadn't thought of what would happen with misrecordings. That is a pretty big problem.

I'll keep thinkin about this, but if it ends up being unfeasible, just ignore it for now. Maybe it can be incorporated in some release down the road (where misrecordings are a thing of the past).

Cheers,
John

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Will do. I'll put it on the "possibility of doing" list. BTW, nice name (same as mine).

Hopefully, misrecordings will be a thing of the past, but a lot of has to do with the user's machine and how they use the program. Mine works fine (but that's mostly due to the fact that I code it on my machine and determine it working or not on that basis). I'm thinking a move to folder option would be feasible and would allow the user to manually delete later after listening to the recordings.

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:14 pm 

I'd like to go ahead and suggest the convert/replace feature again.

I think with a dedicated machine, misrecording would be scarce enough to safely use this feature.

Aloha,
John

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Daboo,

Sorry, but I am not quite understanding your exact request. Could you give a detailed explanation of what you would like to have it do?

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:40 pm 

Of course,
basically, once a track is finished recording, the source file is deleted, and the recording is placed in the directory of the source file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]