MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Minor (hopefully) requests
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:00 am 

John,

Thanks so much for the program. Once again you've outdone yourself, the latest beta is moving in the right direction and I'm looking forward to the MP4 and FLAC support.

A couple of things that have bit me lately are the dialog boxes that pop-up during a 24+ hour recording session. (e.g. The directory name exceeds 260 characters, blah, blah, blah. Recording stopped.) This happened twice this week to me.

:idea: My suggestion would be...
Have an option to automatically skip dialog boxes and when this option is checked, place any messages in the log (great feature BTW), skip the song, continue recording, and then when all of the songs on my play list are done, display a dialog suggesting I check the log for errors that occurred during recording. Alternatively, you could revert to short file names when the directory length is too long. (e.g. C:\My Music\aVeryVeryVeryVeryLongFileNameThatSometimesIsGeneratedBecauseTheTagsAreReallyStupid\Song.mp3 becomes C:\My Music\aVeryV~1\Song.mp3

:idea: Second suggestion is please :? make the window re-sizable. I have a lot of screen real estate and the little list box that displays the play list is frustratingly small. You wouldn't need to resize all of the components on the screen just the play list and maybe for balance the "Other Settings" area.

Thanks again and we all look forward to your response. (I hope this is all clear as it is Friday and I haven't had any coffee yet today!)

Macebobo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

A new version of MuvAudio was released yesterday that addresses one of your requests. It is v0.9.5505.

Quote:
*Modified the way songs are handled when directory+file exceed the 260 character limit. Now, it plays the song, but doesn't record it. This allows the playlist to continue recording the rest of the songs (this annoyed me when I woke up and song 10 out of 100 had caused the other 90 to not be recorded). Now, it marks it in the log file as being skipped, and when recording completes, it notifies you of the number of songs that were skipped, if any.

I guess I read your mind.

I will look into the resizability. It is easy to make it resizable, but at the same time, it is hard. When I make it resizable, it affects the way everything moves, but I will see what I can come up with.

Your request is basically to make the playlist larger so that you can see more. Correct?

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:21 pm 

Oh, I guess I should have checked what the new options were in that release :oops: !

And, yes, basically just want to see the width of the listbox increase, as I am too lazy to scroll :P

Thanks

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I figured it out and hopefully it will suit your needs. Below is a picture of what it does. Basically, I set it so the minimum size can't be set below the initial size of the form, but you can now resize the form and maximize it. When you do, it has a lot of empty space below and to the right. But it does increase the size of the playlist to the width of the window. You'll see in the picture. The picture is at a resolution of 1024x768, so if you have a better resolution, you will be able to see more.

I should be releasing v0.9.6000 by Monday the 9th of May.

[removed]

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:52 pm 

Very cool! :D I'll get it when it's released. Thanks for the quick turnaround. -- Macebobo

Post subject: Thanks!
 Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:27 pm 

John,

Just downloaded the 0.9.6000 version and I love the window resizing and help file. Thanks a whold bunch. :D

I offered earlier to help with the documentation, and now that you have a help file, do you still need assistance with that? What assistance in this regard could I offer?

Thanks again for the killer program. -- John aka MacEbObO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, I am trying to get any suggestions on the help file. If you notice any typos, errors, or think of anything that I should add, feel free to email me.

Thanks,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]