MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Soundcard that works?
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 pm 

Can someone povide a link to a soundcard that works?

All my sounds cards make sound, I.e. I can hear the tunes being played but won't record nor will the auto-detect sound level work.

Thus, can someone who has this working provide what sound card they are using and maybe a link to a site (ala newegg.com) of the card.

I've tried everything I can think of and just nothing. Sure sounds nice when it plays but recording doesn't even start now.

Current soundcard on one computer is the motherboard soundcard and the other is a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard... Neither works.

Maximum frustration at this point.

Thanks for you ideas.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Can you provide the steps that you take to do the recording? What device do you choose and what mixer do you set it to?

It should be just a matter of selecting the correct device and mixer.

I use my onboard AC'97 soundcard: "Realtek AC97 Audio" and set the mixer to "Stereo Mix".

The motherboard is the Giga-byte GA-K8NS Ultra-939. From the website:

"8 Channel Audio with UAJ
With the innovative function of Universal Audio Jack (UAJ) of ALC 850 AC97 codec, this platform provides superior 8-Channel stereo sound enjoyment without the stress of incorrect installation."

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-K8NS%20Ultra-939.htm

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Another quick question. If you go to your start menu, then click on accessories, then click entertainment, then click volume control. After that, click on options, then properties, then change it to recording and select all the devices under "show the following volume controls", then click OK.

The question is, under each mixer, does it show the word "mute" or the word "select"?

When I get your response, I can tell you what to do depending on the situation.

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

If it comes down to it, instead of getting a new soundcard, go with a loopback cable. This will go from your lineout to your line in and then you would set your device as the line-in recording mixer.

Here are two links where you can purchase them:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F007&product%5Fid=42%2D2497

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F007&product%5Fid=42%2D2387

Before you do this though, get back to me on the questions I asked in the previous posts.

Thanks,

Post subject: My setup
 Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:24 am 

renzska wrote:
If it comes down to it, instead of getting a new soundcard, go with a loopback cable. This will go from your lineout to your line in and then you would set your device as the line-in recording mixer.

Here are two links where you can purchase them:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F007&product%5Fid=42%2D2497

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F007&product%5Fid=42%2D2387

Before you do this though, get back to me on the questions I asked in the previous posts.

Thanks,

Renzska,

Before I get into this, just want you the know that my frustration is due to the fact that I know this is a kick ass product and really want to use it. I know it works because I used it on an old computer, which I know longer have, so sorry for all the ranting.

Anyhow, the volume controls are set at max and none of them have the Mute checked (all unchecked).

My motherboard is a Soyo KT880 Dragon 2. With this MB's soundcard or the one I installed, nothing.

The steps I go thru are:
1. Open Muv audio
2. Load playlist
3. Test sound - I can hear sound clear as day. But the volume control doesn't move. Stays at 100% (This for either the MB soundcard or the Audigy Sound card I have.
4. I adjust the volume manually and hit automatic button.
5. Muvaudio starts to play in the top left portion and but recording never starts. Almost like it isn't even hearing it.

Any other thoughts? I'm thinking of getting that loopback wire and try that. Just a bummer 'cause I know this works great and I'm just not getting it to work.

Thanks so much for your help.

newuser

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]