MuvEnum Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support

Post subject: MuvAudio.child Has Stopped Working
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:48 pm 

Ever since the upgrade to 3.0.0.2 I get this error when I try to convert files.

Post subject: Re: MuvAudio.child Has Stopped Working
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:29 am 
Site Admin

I've posted a test version (3.0.0.3) at http://muvenum.com/downloads/muvaudio/a ... -v3003.exe which may address the issue.

Can you please uninstall your current copy of MuvAudio, install the above version and let me know if you still get the "MuvAudio.Child Has Stopped Working" messages?

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:31 pm 

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:14 am 

Like Kiamat, I am receiving "MuvAudio Child Has Stopped Working" messaages, but in version 3.0.1.2 (Windows 7). I was unable to download the test version (3.0.0.3). When I follow the link in the post, it downloads version 3.0.1.2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3.0.1.2, with the same results. Do you have any suggestions? You have a great product. I have been running various versions of MuvAudio2 for several years without a hitch. I upgraded to MuvAudio 3 only for Windows 7.
Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Please try v3.0.2.0 from www.muvenum.com/downloads/

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 pm 

Hello and nice to meet you! I am very happy to be a registered user of MuvAudio3 and MuvUnder Cover. I compared against a lot of other softwares and was happiest with the conversion quality and reliability of yours. I am also happy to see you based in Utah in the US :)

I am sorry to bring up this issue but as a new user I want to address things as they come and couldn't find a resolution to this. I'm using MuvAudio3 ver 3.0.4.0 on a home theater PC built with Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard, Intel dual core E7400, 8GB Ram, 64GB SSD Boot Drive, 1TB Western Digital SATA Raid 1 for media storage and conversions, running Win 7 64bit. I set MuvAudio to use Realtek High Def Audio for the conversions. My system is connected to my receiver using optical SPDIF.

Muvaudio speed assessment rates 2976 and recommends 18 conversions at a time. Worried about finding audio problems later I bumped the vac from 29 down to 20 and manually set 15 conversions at a time just to be safe.

As far as I know this is working (but I do miss the speed of the defaults), but whenever I am converting my files, usually a few hundred at a time, I get a system dialog popping up that Muvaudio.child has stopped working. Conversions seem to continue even when this popup is showing. If I am nearby I simply "x" out of the dialog and let it continue.

If I'm not mistaken whenever this happens it drops a file into the failed list. I usually get a file that "failed to start within 60 seconds" or "the process that was converting this file has stopped unexpectedly" or something like that. After the remaining files are finished I simply retry the failed files and they convert as usual.

Any thoughts on what I might be able to do or is this a non-issue? It concerns me that the conversions will suffer when the system dialog is stitting there stealing focus. I wish there was a way to automatically compare copies of mp3 against their orginals. I tried another popular conversion software that purported to do that but it never seemed to work and the output typically skipped and popped so it accomplished nothing.

It's not realistic to check the audio on all the converted files but so far what I've listened to seems fine.

Thanks!!!

Eddy

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:43 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if we resolved this through email previously since your post was back from May 2010, but here is some extra information just in case.

First, I recommend opening the software, clicking on "Help" and the "Check For Updates" to update to v3.1.2.0. Then run through some conversions with the latest version to see if you still have the same issue. If you do, then to help further troubleshoot the issue, I'd like you to do the following:

1. Start the software.
2. Click on "Options".
3. Click on the "Troubleshooting" tab.
4. Check the "Enable logging for support purposes" checkbox.
5. Click "Save", then exit and restart the software.
6. Try to convert the file(s) that are causing the error.
7. Go back to the "Troubleshooting" tab.
8. Click the folder icon near the bottom left.
9. Then zip (select all folders, right-click, click "Send To", then click "Compressed (zipped) folder") and attach the logs in an email to support at muvenum dot com, so I can take a look at the information provided.

Thank you,

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:55 pm 

Hi,

I am receiving this error now with version 3.1.2.0. Following the instructions above, I zipped the troubleshooting files and emailed them to support.

I never had this error before. Can you please advise me what to do?

Thanks in advance for your help and I've been a huge fan of MuvAudio for years.

Jrexi

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support